So on the the 6th, as part of my work for JRockRevolution.com, I passed out tickets and t-shirts for a special package JRR did for Asia Girls Explosion, Yoshiki's fashion rock event thing. Maura was also there as press and Erin was taking pictures.
This is the article as written by Maura, photos by Erin: http://jrockrevolution.com/index.php/feature-articles/1666-live-report-age-in-tokyo-japan.html
This is another article covering the event: http://jrockrevolution.com/index.php/news/jrock-news/1663-x-japans-yoshiki-has-marilyn-manson-walk-the-runway-at-his-qasia-girls-explosionq-fashion-event-in-tokyo.html
I unfortunately must spare you my hilarious notes that I took, as I must be somewhat professional and my notes are not. One thing I will say: Not so many Asians, girls, or explosions during the event. =/ Also, apparently Asia stands for Anger Sorrow In Aquarium. Yeeeeppppp. Cuz that totally makes sense.
For the most part, it was fun. The music was good.
The weather that day was pretty fantastic. The people I worked with were also pretty chill.
My compensation for working was a free t-shirt and I was on a guest list to see the show free.
Last night, I went to Miyavi's What's My Name? tour final at Ebisu Liquid Room. Because I have no money, Maura paid for my ticket.
I got to Ebisu and had no idea how to get to the venue. As I was stuffing my coat and bag into a train locker, I saw a girl near me holding a ticket, so I asked if she was going to the show. She said yes and I asked if she knew the way to Liquid Room. She said yes and we walked together. This is exactly how I met my friend Chiyo on the way to the King of Tattoo convention. Her name is Misa, she's a high school student from Tokyo. She's really cool. Apparently she went to Asia Girls Explosion too!
We got there and I immediately found Maura (last night was her 90th Miyavi show), dragging Misa with me to the front. Mikan, Dankichi, and Uchiko were up front with her. I introduced Misa. While we were waiting for the show to start, I met a girl named Misato. The music that played was all old shit, from America, like Where's Your Head At and that dirty sandwich song by The Detroit Grand Pubahs.
The actual show was great. Miyavi's taken his extensions out, his hair is all one color. It's shorter in back and longer in front.
He played some songs I didn't know, either new ones and/or old ones that I missed.
Setlist:
new song
What's My Name?
Universe
Survive
Hell No
Chase
Ossan Ossan Ore Nanbo
Chillin' Chillin' Money Blues
I Love You I Love You I Love You I Hate You
new song
new song
Moon
We Love You
Torture
SMFB/Super Mother Fucker Bitch
Are You Ready To Rock?
Futuristic Love
Encore:
Futuristic Love (reprise)
Sakihokoru Hana No You Ni Neo Visualizm
Survive (again)
At some point he did a bit of emceeing, in which he talked about his European tour and I screamed "KI WO TSUKETE!" (be careful) because his French and Swedish fans are batshit stupid fangirl crazy. As in they have literally pulled him off the stage and torn off his shirt and left claw marks.
Mayumi snuck up on me during the emcee, haha.
I was next to Uchiko the whole time. During We Love You, Maura, Dankichi, Misato, Uchiko and I all had a hand-holding chain.
Before the show started, Lovelie-chan (his daughter), his mother, his wife Melody, and his grandfather came out to a special section of the audience to sit and watch. We all waved at Lovelie and she tried to hide. She also paid little attention to her father onstage.
After the show everyone was demachi(waiting for the artist to exit)-ing, and I saw Miyuki, Tsugumi, Toki, and Azume.
Maura talked to this French chick and I talked to Misa, who for some reason was really shy. I told her that she could talk to the CoMiyavi, they're all nice and friendly, but just talked to me.
Afterwards, 17 of us went to Ootoya (chain restaurant) and met up with two other CoMyvs that were there. The staff looked like "Goddamn it, they've invading." I had chicken cutlets with cabbage over rice and hot udon. I like washoku (Japanese cooking).
Misa couldn't come with us cuz she lives far away. Uchiko and Mikan stayed the night at out apartment, so they got to meet Ryo (my boyfriend).
Uchiko gave me an old Dir en grey GAUZE uchiwa (non-folding fan) from some event at Tower Records she went to! I couldn't believe it. I pinned it to my wall.
Misa, Mikan, and I couldn't attend CoMiyavi Hangout Day because Misa and I had school while Mikan had to go back to wherever she lives in inaka (the countryside).
The CoMiyavi are fucking awesome.
I watched LM.C's new PV. All I have to say is, "Drugs are bad, mmkay Mayatan?" The song is good though.
Dir en grey announced fanclub tour for May but I dunno if I can go. ;_; I love their PV for LOTUS because I'm an art history nerd, but it looks like Kaoru is wearing crocs and Kyo looks like Tyler Durden during the last parts of Fight Club. I also like the song, although at the end when Kyo says "What is believing?" it sounds like "What is pubic?" to me.
Apparently my SuicideGirls subscription ran out. Oh well.
I got a 72/100 on my first kanji test and 78/100 on my second one. TWO POINTS and it would have been a B. AAARRGGGHHHHH.
I painted my nails (fingers and toes) but they're chipping already. Sad panda.
On the 27th of February, I went to Rin-KG- and got my smiley faces touched up. It was good to see Hase again and catch up. Afterwards, Steff, Maura, Ryo, Jess, Mimu and I went to yakiniku cuz it was Steff's last night in Tokyo. =( After that we went to karaoke (minus Mimu) and sang a bunch of old songs. Jess sang some old Malice Mizer song and so Maura, Steff, Jess, and I all pretended we were Malice Mizer members. I was Kozi, the sad oculophilic clown, cuz he was always my favorite Malice member. =D
When Steff sang Sakihokoru Hana No You Ni Neo Visualizm, Maura and I started doing the gestures, and Ryo was like "Nani sore?" (what is that?) We explained that in visual kei (old school), each song has gestures. Pop groups and idoru also sometimes have gestures. Since Ryo listens to punk music, those audiences just mosh. We tried to teach him a couple. It was funny. Jess sang Kurenai really well too.
And because it's almost 3am now, I'm off to bed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment