Sunday, May 23, 2010

Dear Tokyo

I miss your awesome public transportation system.

I miss the fact that you have a fuckload of convenience stores within walking distance of almost everything.

I miss being able to drink legally.

I miss being able to text my friends in Japan.

I miss seeing people randomly dressed in traditional clothing.

I miss the random (to me) festivals.

I miss my friends in Japan.

I miss being able to go to (relatively cheap) clubs or shows.

I miss seeing the mix of traditional and modern architecture.

I miss people-watching in Shibuya and Shinjuku.

I miss spending hours with friends in an izakaya.

I miss real karaoke places.

I miss being able to see stars at night, and night actually being dark in the summer.

Even though I hate it there sometimes, the fact that I'm going to school there is awesome.

I can't wait to go back.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

At least it's only for three months and you have Facebook to keep in contact with some of your friends. Now you need to get it together and contact Emilie and the burser at school about finances; you want to make sure everything is in order for your return in August!!