Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Augh

I'm so sorry I suck at updating.

Missed the LM.C shows cuz I need to save money. Sad panda. Did, however, go with Erin to this crazy indie VK live thingie in Kabukicho (that place is weird during the day). It was fun. Hooray hot bands and good music. As a side note, VK-obsessed Japanese middle school girls scare me.

The Japanese friends I've made here are very supportive, especially Aimi and Tomoaki.

I've gotten to hang out with Homare, the adorable guitarist of my friend Kisha's band. Gonna see him again on Friday. I got to hang out with their band in a recording studio a couple weeks ago.

Back in April, I saw Myuji and his band Tripolysm live. It was great. This Saturday is his birthday concert; I can't wait.

Been staying with Masaki, but now I'm at Michael and Jamie's. It's nice to experience parts of Tokyo that aren't Shibuya, Shinjuku, or Harajuku.

I wanna go to the zoo in Ueno~!

I'm both happy and sad about going home. There's so much shit I need to do when I get back.

Been to Atom a few times. First time sucked, second time was awesome, third time was acceptably fun. The second time I went, apparently it was their anniversary, so this dude dressed traditionally got up on stage and started playing the motherfucking shamisen while electronic music played in the background. Later, I got to witness a club full of Japanese people do the YMCA. I was cracking up.

A lot of old friends/acquaintances back home are getting married, are pregnant, and/or have children. Seeing as how most of them aren't terribly older than I am, I'm not quite sure how I feel about this. When I'm talking with my female Japanese friends, I feel like I'm not a real woman. They're all girly, and they all can't wait to marry and have kids. I'm not very girly, and I never want marriage or children.

ARGH BOY ISSUES. I'm not going to go into that further. I'm still single; that should give you, dear reader, some indication as to the status of my love life.

It's been so hot lately. I'm afraid I'm gonna melt. The Japanese all stare at my because I keep rolling up my pants and wearing tank tops. Maybe I'm more pale than I thought?

I've been slowly overcoming my irrational fear of subways.

Living out of suitcases sucks. Especially when you're lugging three of them around on the trains here.

Being over here, I've gained an even greater appreciation for my iPod. I get very cranky when it dies, especially on long train rides.

My feet are all icky. I suppose that's what happens when you walk/stand on trains everywhere. Pedicures here are like $90 though. Eff that. I'll wait till I get home where they're around $30, thank you very much.

Being in Japan has made me realize a few things about myself. Whether that's good or bad, I'm not sure yet. Maybe next time I post, I'll share some of these realizations.

I had pancakes the night before last =D And HOLY CRAP I miss macaroni & cheese.

I need to find new earrings, 8 gauge, that look somewhat professional. Somehow I don't think that's gonna happen. Every time I go to BME, it makes me long for new piercings and tattoos. =/ The career I want the the body mods I want don't go together very well. How I can rectify this, I've no idea.

Later!

1 comment:

Epsolon said...

Heya. I know we never talk or anything but... I sorta just wanted to comment seeing as nobody else I really know uses blogger for some reason, and I think it's cool to read travel logs and such ^^.

It seems like your life is at least somewhat interesting :D! I wish I got to travel more and I can't help but feel like living out of a suitcase for awhile would be a nice change of pace... I buy WAY too much random stuff and horde it all XD. *writing a new blog now*

I am totally jealous that you even had the slight chance of seeing LM.C *has them on my keychain ^^) and the fact that you get to galavant around Japan and see all of the cool things that i've -ALWAYS- wanted to makes me super happy.

The whole married/prego/children thing is totally happening on my end as well, i'm 20 and I don't feel anywhere NEAR ready for that sort of commitment.

In regards to the BOY ISSUES-- I'm sure they'll all work out in the end. shouldn't be in any sort of rush eh? the right one will come along soon enough and besides you don't need anyone holding you back from whatcha want to do eh?

Hope you have a safe trip home and back out--- and if you don't remember me this is rob/robert/robby XD (Noone else calls me that last one besides you guys) from the first senshicon ... you know the one that used to have the uber bitch girlfriend that was mean to everyone.... YEAAAAAAh..

Anyways-- Lata