Sunday, September 12, 2010

Yesterday

So, aside from me getting home and my awesome purple bike being missing (I found it this morning), yesterday was awesome.

I woke up and lazed about with Maura & Sarah, then headed out to Shirokanetakanawa-eki to meet with Keigo. I haven't seen him since before I left. He got a haircut! Also, he wasn't wearing a hat. I was proud of him.

We just drove around and talked for literally two hours. Then we went to an izakaya we'd been to before in Yukigaya-Otsuka, his neighborhood and one of the neighborhoods next to Ontakesan (where my old dorm is). After that, we went to Nori's, where Nori was TANKED. It was hilarious. Kazuya, Taishi, Hiromi, and a few other people were there. Taishi has facial hair now! It's weird! He looks kinda like a Japanese Will Turner, except his voice isn't that deep.

Keigo drunkenly tried to teach me how to play hanafuda, which is a kinda of card game. It's sort of like Go Fish. Then Keigo made me play darts with him, and of course I lost. Nori and Keigo teased me the entire time.\

Nori apparently had to shave his head after Japan lost in the World Cup, haha. Poor kid.

The whole night, I kept saying "sashiburi!" and "natsukashii!" "Hisashiburi" is like "long time no see" or "it's been a while," and "natsukashii" is basically "nostalgic."

Oh, yes, my bicycle. I bought one. It's shiny and purple with a black basket and black handlebars.

Maura and I still need to buy a fridge. Our apartment is so small though, that we're not sure where we're gonna put it.

On Maura's bedroom door, I made a sign that says Miyavi Rm. 382 because her favorite Japanese musician is Miyavi and he has an album called Rm. 382, and on my door I put Kyo 304 Goushitsu (room) because Dir en grey is my favorite band (Kyo being my favorite member), and Diru has a song called 304 Goushitsu Hakushi no Sakura (Room 304, Cherry Blossoms of White Death), and there are other 304 Goushitsu poems in Kyo's poetry books that I desperately want but cannot afford.

Ryo is back in Japan! He's gonna visit Tokyo next week (birthday week yay!). It'll be nice to see him.

So, in October, Diru has three shows. I am going to at least one of them (concert tickets in Japan are WAAAYYYYY cheaper than stateside). If I have the money, I'd also like to see LM.C in November and VAMPS in December. This is not including any shows that Tripolysm and/or Secret Fathers may have between now and then, but those are indie and therefore even cheaper.

Also, apparently a friend of mine is a member of VKB428. o.o; They're basically the "visual kei" boy version of AKB48, an aidoru pop group. I'm going to their show on the 25th. I must brace myself for the creepy middleschool fangirls. *shudder*

Maura has taken to drawing things next to/around my tattoos. One day, she decided to draw Miyavi running away from the dolphin on my leg (there's a running joke that he has a fear of being raped by dolphins. Please do not ask me to explain the psychology of an adorable spaz like him) and then drew a top hat, ears, and a goatee on one of my smiley faces. It's amusing.

So apparently Yoshiki is looking to expand his empire with pachinko. I will spare you my thoughts on Yoshiki. (He's the drummer/pianist of X JAPAN.)

Hide was in Tokyo to see an Arashi concert, but I didn't get to see him because he was busy. Kazuki was also supposed com up this weekend, but he got sick and had to cancel. Sad panda.

On my way home from school last week, and obaachan (elderly woman) handed me a flyer with a fuckload of information and a signature area on the back. I can't read most of it, but from what I can tell it's a petition for the abolition of nuclear arms.

My Japan Today class is taught by Jeff Kingston! He writes a lot of articles for the Japan Times, as well as other news sources. He's a funny guy. It makes it easy to pay attention in class.

My English professor looks like the movie version of Ozymandias from Watchmen. I keep excepting him to say "I'm not a comic book villain."

Takuya wants my help translating a manga (comic) into English for one of his friends. Yay? I think. I could certainly use the practice.

Well, I have class soon. Later.

No comments: