So, I'm sick. Not fun. The only reason I've been coming to school is because of tests.
Yesterday, some dude was randomly asking me for my info outside of Tamachi. I couldn't even play the "I don't speak Japanese" card cuz his English was really good, then on the was home, some old/fat/bald Middle Eastern-looking guy wouldn't stop staring at me on the train. The night before that, when it was pissing rain before the snowfall started, this Nigerian dude was holding his umbrella over me on the way to Tamachi from school. Unwanted male attention = not cool.
I finally found the damn Apple store in Shibuya, so I can now use internet in my room. The Apple store looked pretty much like the ones in America, except the employees were obviously Japanese. It's right across from the three-story Disney store.
LNaia is leaving today. Sadness. Temple fucked with her financial stuff, so she can't stay. That makes me worry about coming semesters.
Tokyo has a lot of foreigners, but you wouldn't know it from the way most Japanese act around us. If they have an option to not be near you, they'll go for it. And they stare. Oh god, do they stare.
I'm supposed to meet Aya tomorrow and maybe Kenji on Friday, but I don't want to get them sick. =/ And Akihiro is moving here to Tokyo in April! Yay!
Kevin & I are going to go to the Borghese exhibit in Ueno and the Renoir exhibit in Roppongi. I'm so excited!
Aki, one of our dorm managers, is pretty much the nicest man ever. I don't know how he deals with all of us. The other dorm manager, Paul, is pretty cool too for the most part.
There's been some drama between the SA (Study Abroad) students and the JA (Japan Admit) students in the dorm, but apparently that's normal.
John Wu, my math professor, is crazy and awesome. Mariko, my Asian Studies and English professor, is also really cool.
I got interviewed by a random TV crew on my way to Tokyo Tower on Saturday.
Saturday before last, a bunch of people and I went to Club Camelot. It was fun, but we missed the last train, so we didn't get home until like 6am on Sunday morning. I don't wanna do that again for a long time.
Kyung and Jeong want me to visit them in Seoul, and I want to, but I don't have the money. I also wanna visit everyone in Nagoya, but again, poor college student.
I don't know if it's true, but people have been saying that a foreigner here in Tokyo who did video blogs died. That's sad. Does his family know? I would hope that if something happened to me, somebody would let my family know.
A couple weeks ago on the train, a little boy was staring at me. He was telling his father that I had "something in the lip and nose" and I was trying so hard not to laugh. His father kept telling him to be quiet. I kind of wanted to tell them I could understand them.
There's an internship with Tokyo Art Beat that I want to apply for, but none of my work experience deals with art. Murr.
Well, I'm off.
<3
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Yes, you're updating leaves something to be desired, but now that you have internet maybe you will do it more often. ;) Aren't there other students that can ride the train with you to and from school?
I am glad you are able to get out and see other parts of Tokyo; quite a culture shock from Anchorage and Portland, I'll bet.
Post a Comment