So as the title says, I went to my first fan club show on 12/27. The show was at Zepp Tokyo, which is in Odaiba, kinda close to ShinKiba for those of you not very familiar with Tokyo.
I was ticket #230, meaning I was really close up front. There were literally two or three people in front of me, then the guard rail, then security pit, then the stage.
I was pleasantly surprised with the set list. They played stuff from GAUZE and MACABRE. Very pleased. It was a great mix of old and new stuff.
Set list from the show:
Mazohyst of Decadence
Obscure
Zan
Merciless Cult
Doukoku to Sarinu
Agitated Screams of Maggots
The Deeper Vileness
Bugaboo
Spilled Milk
Deity
Dozing Green
Hydra -666-
Repetition of Hatred
Beautiful Dirt
Reiketsu Nariseba
Encore:
Ain't Afraid to Die
Lotus
The IIID Empire
Increase Blue
Stuck Man
Hageshisa to Kono Mune no Naka de Karamitsuita Shakunetsu no Yami
On the train from Osaki-eki to Tokyo Teleport (a station close to Zepp), I saw a girl with a Dir en grey bag sitting across from me. Her name was Maria, she and her boyfriend Jun were going to the show. Apparently she's 31! She doesn't look it. We met up with some of her other friends and went to the venue. I had to part with them though because I needed to find a coin locker and they had lower ticket numbers.
There was a decent number of foreigners there, which is good. I wish Kris, Sarah, Jacey, Heather, and Robby could've been with me.
It was a tight-packed show. I was surrounded by short girls and relatively tall guys, but I could still see just fine.
Once again, I got a good view of Kyo, Toshiya, and Kaoru. I don't think they ever change places on stage except when they're runnin around.
Kyo came out onstage with raybans and a fedora... and then revealed his disturbingly shaved head to us all. Blegh.
Toshiya as usual was wearing a skirt, but he also had on a suit jacket, vest, button up shirt, and tie. It was really cute.
I could barely ever see Shinya, which is normal. He's still entirely too thin.
Die looked like he was in a hair care product commercial the entire time, cuz he was right under the aircon.
Kaoru looked like terrifying badass leader-sama, as usual.
Kyo's pronunciation of Russian is still not the best, lol.
My body hurt so bad after the show, especially my feet and head. Elbows hurt when they slam into your head. At Diru shows, even when you don't wanna jump or headbang, you have to, because it's so crowded and tightly packed.
My throat also hurt from screaming/growling/singing along.
The feeling I get when I'm at a Dir en grey show is what I imagine devout Christians feel when they go to church.
Although, while waiting for the encore, I almost feel asleep. I had no energy because I hadn't eaten yet that day.
They finally came back on for the encore, and the piano intro to Ain't afraid to die came on.
I. LOST. MY. SHIT.
I started bawling. Not just crying, I mean huge wracking sobs. I felt a rib pop. That song is so setsunai, meaning sad and nostalgic. I was the only one, either. The crying girl next to me took my hand and held it, like Mikan did at the Miyavi show in Roppongi when he played Girls, be ambitious. It's shit like that makes me proud to be a member of the Domestic Fucker Family, a Japanese Zombie Hero (and adopted honorary CoMiyavi).
If I hadn't been packed in so tightly, I would have crumpled to the floor. I haven't cried that hard since Dakota dropped me off at PDX, which was the last day I saw pretty much most of my Pacific friends.
That song has so much meaning and memory for me, that to hear them play it at my first fanclub show was beautiful and sad and awesome all at the same time.
This is the song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cpy36zgc-xA Please note the video has pretty much nothing to do with the song, as is the case with most VK PVs.
The next song they played, LOTUS, is their new single, which hasn't been released yet. It sounds pretty good.
I wanted to buy a shirt after the show, but the line for goods was crazy long. =( Sad panda.
Gackt sent Shinya flowers. o.0;
I didn't stick around for demachi because I wanted to get home on time.
(I'll write about the holidays later, I promise)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment