Example: I said "blah blah blah they hung him."
My English teacher: "No, it's they hanged him. You only use hung with objects."
Me: "Why?"
Teacher: "Because you don't say that you hung a person."
Me: "As a matter of fact, I do say that I 'hung a person' because saying 'I hanged a person' sounds stupid, and it makes me sound like a five-year-old overgeneralizing the way English is structured. Why do you say it's grammatically correct to say hanged instead of hung?"
Teacher: "Because that's just how it is!"
Me: "You have failed to show me why it is the way it is, and I will therefore continue to say hung instead of hanged."
She yelled at me for that.
I hate people (this is why I try not to read comments to articles, blogs, videos, etc.) who don't know the difference between your and you're (e.g. "your retarded") and there, their, and they're.
You shouldn't be allowed to graduate high school if you don't have this shit down and English is your native language.
I know I sound like I'm on a pedestal here, but pretty soon our country will be run by stupid people who don't know the grammar that some of us learned in elementary school.
I almost beat people in my so-called "Honors" English class when they asked me what the word "asphyxiate" meant.
In Psych, we learned that the Flynn effect is when every new generation is smarter than the previous one, but I find that so painfully hard to believe, especially when I see shit like this:

Note the "Free Tibet" flag in the background.
I want to beat that person with a club somehow made out of history books and say: "Yes, in fact, we did allow Nazi Germany to host the Olympics and I hope Jesse Owens pissed Hitler off in the process."
For those of you that don't know what I'm talking about, Jesse Owens was a black track athlete won four gold medals at the 1936 Berlin Olympics. By 1936, Germany was well under Nazi control.
Are our public schools really this bad?

No comments:
Post a Comment